Compass is an unlimited, computerized test that helps us evaluate your skills and place you into appropriate courses. Compass offers tests in reading, writing and math.
Compass is not used like a traditional test. There is generally no "passing score." Rather, Compass scores indicate areas in which you are strong and areas in which you may need help.
Schedule a Placement Test
Call Student Services, (541) 506-6011 in The Dalles or (541) 308-8211 in Hood River. Seating is limited, reservations required.
|The Dalles Campus||Mon, Wed||9 am and 2 pm|
|Hood River - Indian Creek Campus||Tue, Thu||9 am and 2 pm|
Prepare for the Test
- Review Sample Test Questions
- Refresh Your Knowledge
- Online Tutorials
Day of the Test
- Arrive 15 minutes early and check in at the Student Services counter. The Dalles Campus: Building 3, Student Services, Hood River - Indian Creek Campus.
- Bring photo identification.
- Plan to stay for 2 to 3 hours. Tests are not timed, so take your time.
- Calculators, pencils and scratch paper are provided.
- Children, food or drinks, cell phones, pagers, language dictionaries, etc. are not allowed in the testing room.
After the Test
Other Test Services
Test proctoring services are provided to students and community members. All tests are administered by appointment only and a fee is applied for service. Contact Student Services for hours of availability and general test procedures.
CGCC is an authorized GED testing center. Contact Pre-College Services Office to make a GED testing appointment.